The mission of the Haddonfield Public Schools,
working in partnership with families and community,
is to develop the unique potential of each individual
by creating a challenging and diverse learning
climate that promotes the development of the
whole student and prepares its students with
the knowledge skills, and integrity to meet
life's challenges and enrich their community.
- We believe that we have the
responsibility to treat each person with respect.
- We believe that nurturing creativity
is a critical element in the learning process.
- We believe that service to
others promotes the social, emotional, and
intellectual growth of the individual.
- We believe that schools share
the responsibility with family and community
in promoting positive social skills.
- We believe that every person
has the right to a safe and nurturing environment.
- We believe that learning is
a life-long process.
- We believe that all people
have the right to achieve their individual
- We believe in the concept of
- We believe that the quality
of education depends upon the quality of the
teachers in the classroom.
- We believe that valuing diversity
- We believe that the inclusion
of special needs students in regular education
classrooms enriches every child's education.
- We believe that we have a responsibility
to teach and model ethical behavior.
We will always...
- Operate in the best interests
- Provide safe facilities.
- Keep parents informed of decisions
that affect their children.
- Administer appropriate discipline
Develops an understanding of the consequences
Teaches acceptable behavior
- Encourage community participation
- Hire and retain teachers based
on clearly defined criteria in a thorough
and careful process
- Combat student isolation and
- Be open and accountable in
We will never...
- Adopt a program without considering:
Research on best practice
Ongoing communication with all effected parties
Clearly defined and measurable goals
Cost benefit analysis
Impact on all district programs adequate staffing,
resources and training
Impact on all district programs
Adequate staffing, resources and training
Method of evaluation and feedback
Dangerous or illegal behavior
Harassment or discrimination